If you hold a Ph.D. in any field of the biological or computing sciences and you are interested in pursuing postdoctoral training in microbial evolution, please contact Yan Boucher to discuss opportunities.
- AIHS Postgraduate Fellowships
- AITF Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
- CIHR Fellowships
- Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Postdoctoral Fellowships
- NRC Research Associate Program
- NSERC Visiting Fellowships in Canadian Government Laboratories Program
- H.L. Holmes Award for Postdoctoral Studies*
- NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowships Program*
The Boucher Lab is actively looking for students interested in studying microbial evolution who want to pursue degrees with specializations in systematics and evolution, bioinformatics, microbiology, or genetics. Please see the application guidelines for graduate studies in the Department of Biological Sciences at the University of Alberta and contact Yan Boucher directly to discuss your interests for graduate studies.
- University of Alberta Graduate Teaching/Research Assistantships
- Albert Innovates Graduate Student Scholarships
- Alberta Innovates Graduate Studentships
- BMO Financial Group Graduate Scholarship
- Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- Canada Graduate Scholarships - Master's Program*
- CIHR Doctoral Research Award*
- NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships - Doctoral Program*
- Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship*
There is a range of opportunities available for undergraduate students currently undertaking degrees in microbiology, systematics and evolution, genetics, computing sciences, or bioinformatics. Please contact Yan Boucher directly if you are interested.
We are a very international lab and welcome students from all over the world. If you are interested in a research experience in microbial evolution for a short or long period of time, don't hesitate to contact Yan Boucher directly.
*For Canadians and permanent residents only